Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Baby Sophia is here!

We are so blessed to have another child come into our family. All is well and Sophia and her siblings are doing great. They all love her and want to hold her all the time. The delivery went well. I had decided to go natural and it worked out great. Intense screaming and breathing pretty much. My sister Kendra was there and she was my doula. Brett and my mom were there too and were a great support as well.
As Brett described the process... "it went so fast that the doctor, who has an office in the hospital, could not even get there before the baby was born. Total of about 15 minutes from starting difficult contractions to baby being on the warming table. She went from an 8 dialation to a 10 and 100% effaced in about 3 minutes and only had one contraction that she pushed and the baby was out. She also did it all natural. I thought she was crazy but she did it and with little effort. We are truly blessed!! Kari is a warrior!!"
I am truly blessed. Great husband who is my best friend and wonderful kids that keep me busy. We wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks for the love and support. Love to all, The Lockhart's

2 comments:

Deb said...

Kari you are a trooper! I wish I could be that brave! What a mom. We are so happy it went well for you and baby. We think she is so beautiful! We love her name. We hope you find time to just love her... ALONE!
I can't wait to meet her and smell her breath! Weird I know! Auh just makes me want another one seeing her!!!! If only I could have 100% garentee it's a GIRL! :)

Ryan and Andrea said...

Wow, I didn't even know you were prego!! Congrats! You ARE crazy, ha ha!! Maybe one day, we will get to meet her.